Cheviot Futures has commissioned SAC Consulting to undertake a collation of relevant research programmes and headline findings in relation to management implications of climate change effects.
The first project has a focus on resilient cropping in terms of both crop types and their management, and also the influence of varietal choice in both arable and grassland situations.
The second project looks at the changes in pest and disease pressures as a result of predicted climate change effects.
It is intended that these documents be used to provide information, advice and guidance for farmers to inform resilient management choices going forward in the medium to longer term.
The reports and summary articles are available to download below, comprising: full resilient cropping report, resilient cropping summary article relating to arable and grassland; pest and disease full report; pest and disease summary articles relating to arable and livestock and grassland.
Please find below documents relating to the project.
- Pest and Disease Pressure - full report
- Pest and Disease Pressures - summary article: Arable Management
- Pest and Disease Pressures - Summary Article: Livestock and Grassland
- Resilient Cropping - Full Report
- Resilient Cropping - Summary Article: Arable Management
- Resilient Cropping - Summary Article: Grassland Management